Problem Solving at Mathgoodies.com
Please show all of your work in pictures, numbers, or words and circle your final answer. Don't forget the labels.
- A piece of paper has a length of 16 inches and an area of 48 square inches. What is its width?
- The perimeter of a square-shaped rug is 36 meters. Find its area.
- The area of a triangular-shaped garden is 72 square feet. Its height is 24 feet. What is its base?
- A dining room table has 8 sides of equal length. If one side is 15 inches, what is the perimeter of the table?
- A man has 30 feet of fence for a rectangular garden. What is the area of the largest garden he can build?
- A cardboard cut-out has 5 sides of equal length. If its perimeter is 65 centimeters, what is the length of one side?
- A chessboard has an area of 49 square inches. Find its perimeter.
- Room carpet costs $25 per square yard. If the area of a bedroom is 20 square yards, how much will the room carpet cost?
- A mirrored plate has 6 sides of equal length. If its perimeter is 72 centimeters, what is the length of one side?